Friday, October 4, 2013

Helllloooooooo!

Hi Everyone!

I've gotten a lot of text messages asking how Oregon is going, what's new, how I like it, what the weather is like, etc. Sooooo....
Welcome to the "Life in Oregon" blog!

I'm not as miserable as I expected to be. I definitely miss home, I miss my family, and I miss my doggies! Hopey is old and I'm so worried something is going to happen to her while I'm gone. She's my baby! And my pickle...I miss her loves! And Dozer....I never thought I would miss being greeted by being bit in the ass.









The drive wasn't bad at all...It was actually really pretty!

I woke up with a cold the very first morning I was here. The climate change and the stress of traveling are to blame for that, but I'm happy to announce that I'm feeling much better now!
Eating Chicken Noodle soup sucks when my mom isn't here to make me a grilled cheese sandwich to go with it...the only "Grilled Cheese Sammich" I will eat!

I'm on day 4 of work and I absolutely LOVE IT. I sit at the front desk so I am the first person people see when they walk in the door. Meaning I always have to have a smile on my face...whether people are coming at me with appraisals or complaints :) The residents here are very nice and the community is gorgeous! I will post pictures soon!
There is a really pretty pond in the front with Coy fish...It's a nice escape place!
The weather...ohhhh the weather. It seriously rains ALL.THE.TIME. There's been like 20 minutes out of the day that the sun has come out (it's really beautiful then!). But for real...sooo much rain!


The Roller Derby Team here is called the Cherry City Roller Girls. Their recruitment night is this coming Wednesday and I can't 'wait to get my skates back on and hit some girls. I'm hoping I will get to bout with them on the 12th! We will see :) Stay tuned for updates.

I'm all set to start school here next semester at Chemeketa College. I'm kind of transitioning my degree a little bit and leaning more toward some EMT stuff. I've taken up a really big interest in that field lately! We will see how it goes!

I think that's it for now! I'll be posting here often!

No comments:

Post a Comment